What happened to the alias this = identifier syntax in 2.062?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 09:38:48 PST 2013

On 02/22/2013 09:28 AM, kenji hara wrote:
 > 2013/2/23 Ali Çehreli<acehreli at yahoo.com>
 >
 >> On 02/22/2013 06:55 AM, bearophile wrote:
 >>> Martin:

 >>> It was changed intentionally, but only for alias this. That syntax is
 >>> allowed still for other aliases.
 >>
 >> It is a regression at best because it is nowhere to be found in the
 >> changelog, at least not without clicking every single item in those
lists.

 > That is intended change.
 > https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/issues/1413

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org/pull/224

I appreciate everybody's contributions to D but that is not an
intention, that is a change to dmd that caused a regression. A syntax
that used to work in the previous version simply stopped working in
2.062. That is the definition of a regression. Normally, regressions are
fixed as quickly as possible.

I have a feeling that there must have been some newsgroup discussions as
well but unfortunately I must have been busy with other things at the
time. Not all of us read github.

Ali