The new std.process is ready for review

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 03:46:37 PST 2013

23-Feb-2013 15:31, Lars T. Kyllingstad пишет:
> It's been years in the coming, but we finally got it done. :) The upshot
> is that the module has actually seen active use over those years, both
> by yours truly and others, so hopefully the worst wrinkles are already
> ironed out.
>
> Pull request:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/1151
>
> Code:
> https://github.com/kyllingstad/phobos/blob/std-process2/std/process2.d
>
> Documentation:
> http://www.kyllingen.net/code/std-process2/phobos-prerelease/std_process2.html
>

> I hope we can get it reviewed in time for the next release.  (The wiki
> page indicates that both std.benchmark and std.uni are currently being
> reviewed, but I fail to find any "official" review threads on the
> forum.  Is the wiki just out of date?)

Cool. I was about to suggest that now, since release is out we can
hopefully start the review process.

As far as std.uni & std.benchmark goes:

Some time ago std.benchmark was again collectively destroyed and/or
Andrei hadn't enough time to incorporate feedback. This was back in 2012
IRC. This is the last thread I can dig up:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.73.1347916419.5162.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com

Then (in 2013) std.uni seen an informal destruction, had its docs
re-written and was proposed again. Not much comments received after
that, as people were fighting over @property stuff.

This is the first thread about it:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/kcppa1$30b9$1@digitalmars.com

The second one:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ke9gat$rg0$1@digitalmars.com

I'd suggest we start with anything that's ready and the sooner the
better. Now with std.process proposed for review I'm aware of 2 modules
being ready, any others?

--
Dmitry Olshansky