The new std.process is ready for review

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Feb 24 00:37:10 PST 2013

On Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:05:01 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 2/24/13 6:26 AM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> > Phobos modules which already use std.process would have to be changed
> > to directly import std.process1 or std.process2.
>
> This is problematic as has been discussed. I think we could address
> immediate needs by attaching an attribute to import, e.g.:
>
> @"v2.070+" import std.process;
>
> or similar. By default code would import the old library.

An interesting idea, but someone would have to implement it, which could delay
adding the new std.process to Phobos. Of course, if we take approach of
putting new modules in a different place initially as we've occasionally
discussed (e.g. experimental.process or future.process) in order to make sure
that they're fully ironed out from actual, widespread, real-world use before
freezing their APIs, then that would give us more time to implement such a
feature before moving the module to std.process.

- Jonathan M Davis