Mangling for cent/ucent

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 24 01:32:23 PST 2013

On 24 Feb 2013 01:41, "Daniel Murphy" <yebblies at nospamgmail.com> wrote:

> "Iain Buclaw" <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1489.1361640428.22503.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> >
> > I don't use any part of the dmd backend. :o)
> >

> I know, I'm just saying there's a lot to do for the frontend.
>
> > Constant folding and ctfe wouldn't be high priorities for this type.
> > Support in frontend would be more equal to, say how vectors are handled.
> >

> Last time I tried I ran into a bunch of issues where dmd made assumptions
> about what it could do with integral types.  Maybe there's an easy way
> around this I didn't see.

If it proves to be problematic can always had hooks to gcc's backend as it
can handle 128bit computations through a double_int type (pair of longs for
high and low) - would possibly need a corresponding type in the frontend
though as cannot convert between double_int and dinteger_t without
overflowing the 64bit type.

On the note of structs, it would be grand if the real_t type was a
synthetic float as well. Don't suppose anyone thought about
cross-compilation and problems using the hosts long double type as opposed
to a transitional type that can work with the targeted platform/arch from
any host with consistent results in ctfe.  :)

Regards.
----
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';