The new std.process is ready for review

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sun Feb 24 15:52:04 PST 2013

On Sunday, 24 February 2013 at 22:13:35 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:04:43 -0500, Vladimir Panteleev
> <vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, 24 February 2013 at 17:41:44 UTC, Lars T.
>> Kyllingstad wrote:
>>> Ok, a new version with non-blocking wait is up.
>>
>> 3. The documentation for the "gui" config item seems to be
>> wrong: it prevents the creation of a console, instead of
>> causing it.
>
> It means 'use gui mode' which means, don't create a console.  I
> don't consider a console window a gui.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood.

Currently, the documentation says:

"On Windows, this option causes the process to run in a console
window."

However, when the flag is PRESENT, then the console window is
SUPPRESSED (see line 522). The documentation's meaning is
reversed.

> No, snn.lib included with the compilers for a few versions has
> been patched.  The exeception you would get would be different,
> that appears to be coming from std.process, even though the
> file name seems to be std.stdio.

OK... then I guess it doesn't work for me. Does it work for
anyone else on Windows?

Full code of my ls test program:

import std.stdio;
import std.process2;

void main()
{
	string[] files;
	auto p = pipe();

	auto pid = spawnProcess("ls", stdin, p.writeEnd);
	scope(exit) wait(pid);

	foreach (f; p.readEnd.byLine())  files ~= f.idup;