DMD front end should define a version containing the front end version

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 24 17:00:59 PST 2013

On Feb 24, 2013 10:41 PM, "Timon Gehr" <timon.gehr at gmx.ch> wrote:

> On 02/24/2013 11:22 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>> On 2/24/2013 9:05 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
>>>
>>> For the moment I'm just sticking with 2.060, because I have failed to
>>> reduce all
>>> the forward reference regressions introduced in 2.061.
>>

>> I've found dustmite to be pretty helpful reducing things down.
>

> The problem is that there are many other spurious errors emitted and
dustmite finds reduced code that is not valid, but still emits the same
forward reference error. Fixing the other compile errors then also gets rid
of the forward reference error. So I am quite certain that the original
problem is not exposed by the reduced code any more.

Might be...  No, I AM pointing out the obvious, but use 'git bisect'
instead!

Maybe someone should write a nice handy D app that works like dustmite, but
instead of reduces code, interacts with gut instead to help automate
finding the bad commit.  :)

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw