DMD front end should define a version containing the front end version

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 25 02:08:58 PST 2013

On 25 February 2013 09:35, Don <turnyourkidsintocash at nospam.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 25 February 2013 at 01:04:01 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>
>> On Feb 24, 2013 10:16 PM, "Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Here's the current regression list:
>>>

>>>  http://d.puremagic.com/issues/**buglist.cgi?query_format=**
>> advanced&bug_severity=**regression&bug_status=NEW&bug_**
>> status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=**REOPENED<http://d.puremagic.com/issues/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&bug_severity=regression&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED>
>>

>> All regressions should have a link to the commit where the issue first
>> recurred.
>>

> In my experience, that's nearly always a waste of time. In almost
> all cases, there is nothing wrong with the offending commit, it
> merely triggered an existing latent bug. This is particularly
> true of forward reference bugs.

I didn't imply that there was anything wrong with the offending commit.  It
does help to give a reference point on where to start looking for tracing
the different code paths down and find a resolution to the regression, as
opposed to "removing this line" or "adding this safegaurd seems to work".

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';