The new std.process is ready for review

nazriel spam at dzfl.pl
Mon Feb 25 14:32:43 PST 2013

On Saturday, 23 February 2013 at 11:31:21 UTC, Lars T.
Kyllingstad wrote:
> It's been years in the coming, but we finally got it done. :)
> The upshot is that the module has actually seen active use over
> those years, both by yours truly and others, so hopefully the
> worst wrinkles are already ironed out.
>
> Pull request:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/1151
>
> Code:
> https://github.com/kyllingstad/phobos/blob/std-process2/std/process2.d
>
> Documentation:
> http://www.kyllingen.net/code/std-process2/phobos-prerelease/std_process2.html
>
> I hope we can get it reviewed in time for the next release.
> (The wiki page indicates that both std.benchmark and std.uni
> are currently being reviewed, but I fail to find any "official"
> review threads on the forum.  Is the wiki just out of date?)
>
> Lars

Very nice! Good job folks.

Got question, sorry if it was asked before.

Is there any way to call some functions after fork but before
execve? Somekind of callback approach. It would be required to
implement somekind of resources limiting in subprocess (with
setrlimit) or droping root privilages in subprocces.