Release planning for 2.063

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Mon Feb 25 22:27:36 PST 2013

On Monday, 25 February 2013 at 18:47:21 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> As there were complaints about not having a release schedule
> for 2.062
> and releases being made suddenly without no prior announcement,
> how
> about planning the 2.063 release now?
>
> (rest skipped)

That's fine and long overdue thing.

Judging by how D project is inertive (I believe Walter
contributed mostly to this) I suggest that planning only release
day (perhaps += beta) is enough and even such limited decision
would be a significant step. The greater the plan is, the more
likely it would not be followed. I can hadrly imagine Walter
agreeing to release beta at specific day let alone some RC.