Release planning for 2.063

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+d at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:41:27 PST 2013

On Monday, 25 February 2013 at 18:47:21 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> As there were complaints about not having a release schedule
> for 2.062
> and releases being made suddenly without no prior announcement,
> how
> about planning the 2.063 release now?

It looks like you just replaced the staging branch with a branch
named after the release version. This is good as the current
release should get patches until the next release anyway. I like
the staging concept and that looks to be preserved.

Onto the bad news. The automated test suite isn't really prepared
for these changes, and I would consider it too valuable to move
into a branching model where the release candidate isn't getting
run. I did request the new processing be used on the beta
announcement, but having remembered this I've changed slightly on
pushing this.

What we may want to do is bite the bullet for a single release so
those involved can get a better understanding/feel for what is
being proposed. But that is probably bad as there won't be
followup to really iron out kinks.