The new std.process is ready for review

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 03:02:47 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 26 February 2013 at 10:57:19 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-02-26 09:31, Lee Braiden wrote:
>
>> It really would be nice to have rdmd included as part of DMD,
>> and gdc
>> etc.  To me, it's a fundamental feature of the language, to be
>> able to
>> use it for scripts as well as pre-compiled code.
>>
>> If it was, and there were unit tests as part of releases (or
>> even commits
>> to master, say), then this problem of RDMD breakage wouldn't
>> happen.
>
> RDMD is part of the DMD release.

Some linux packagers may not include it, for unknown
misunderstanding. When dmd2 made its way into main Arch Linux
repositories I had a small e-mail conversation with new
maintainer as I had to prove using code from DPL/tools is fine
license-wise - he was reluctant to put rdmd in by default.