New std.uni: ready for more beating

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Feb 26 12:13:15 PST 2013

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 20:34:13 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-02-26 17:51, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> > Let's not go there. And uni is not obsession at all. POSIX 'O_CREAT' is.
>
> The obsession is that there's quite a lot of shortened names in D.

Really? There are a few (particularly older ones), but for the most part, I'd
argue that that's not the case at all. In general, IMHO, Phobos does an
excellent job of having function names that are reasonably descriptive and are
of a reasonable length. And, if anything, we tend to err on the side of being
too long (e.g. ElementEncodingType).

- Jonathan M Davis