My experience making an on-disk merge sort using ranges

Chris Cain clcain at uncg.edu
Tue Feb 26 19:31:17 PST 2013

After reading bearophile's post, I realized I neglected to
mention I was using 2.062.

On Wednesday, 27 February 2013 at 03:16:39 UTC, bearophile wrote:

> With the latest compiler this compiles to me

Interesting. map!text() compiles but it crashes. It's worth
noting that map!text().cached() works without crashing on my end.

That said, it's not the first time I've seen Object Violation
while working on this problem. Although, I was previously certain
the times it was failing with that was my fault (because I was
trying to implement a version of a wrapper where I mistakenly
took the address of the value type MapResult without thinking
that it meant I was taking the address of the stack ... whoops).

I wonder why using