D for the JVM

OlliP jeti789 at web.de
Wed Feb 27 01:32:20 PST 2013

> ... Java 8 is a game changer that threatens
> Scala, and Kotlin.

Well, Kotlin has the ability to generate Javascript. This could
turn into a killer feature as Javascript is growing in
importance, e.g. Node.js, html5+Javascript and the importance of
Javascript for Web GUIs as such. I hope they can make it as the
language IMHO is really well designed.

> You missed out Ceylon from your list, it is threatened by Java
> 8 as
> well.

Ceylon is not made for interoperability with Java such as Groovy,
Kotlin, Scala. I don't think they stand a chance if the Java eco
system cannot be easily re-used. I don't understand what the
Ceylon guys are thinking.

-- Oliver