Are there any default dmd optimizations

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:12:31 PST 2013

On 2/27/13, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> * How do I run a single test?
> * How do I run a subset of the tests?

If this is really an often-requested feature it could be implemented
by default in Druntime. All you'd need is to parse command-line
arguments before calling main(), document these switches, and
implement this feature in the default unit tester that's found in
core.runtime.runModuleUnitTests after the "if(
Runtime.sm_moduleUnitTester is null )" check.

For example I use this:

https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/dgen/blob/master/src/dgen/test.d

If I want to test specific modules I use:
rdmd --testModsRun=a.b.c --testModsRun=d.e.f main.d

And if I want to ignore running specific tests:
rdmd --testModsSkip=a.b.c main.d