D as a prototyping language (for C/C++ projects)

timotheecour thelastmammoth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:34:01 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 27 February 2013 at 19:55:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-02-27 11:07, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> Good idea. Should be in bugzilla as an enh, although it'll
>> take a while
>> to get to that.
>
> I wonder how good the implementation will be if one just pass
> the line to rdmd and prints the result.

I'm assuming you're talking about REPL. That won't cut it, as one
wants to keep maintain a notion of state (variables in memory
etc) and not reparse lines entered everytime (which could have IO
side effects etc).

I've played a bit with Oskar Linde's library for that and ported
it to latest DMD release and it works quite well already,
something solid to build upon (see post
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/fpmpa6$2muq$1@digitalmars.com).