Migrating dmd to D?

timotheecour thelastmammoth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:55:43 PST 2013

> Use dtoh to initiate and conduct an incremental port of the
> compiler.

How about going the other way around?

Using swig to make existing dmd C++ code available to D, so we
can advance with a mix of D and C++ code until all of C++ code is
converted.
I was able to successfully convert large code bases from C++ to D
using swig (eg: opencv, sfml, etc). It's the most hands-off way,
with very minimal interface file that can recursively make things
accessible with fine grained control (for opencv the interface
file was < 200 loc).