Migrating dmd to D?

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Wed Feb 27 17:11:51 PST 2013

> Hello,
>

> Walter and I have had a long conversation about the next radical thing
> to do to improve D's standing. Like others in this community, we believe
> it's a good time to consider bootstrapping the compiler.

If you do it, I think it's an excellent opportunity to rewrite the
compiler *from scratch*, using features in D, and probably using a
better design. It's probably easier to design the compiler now that all
the features are more or less known. I also remember that DMD didn't
have a visitor of sort for the semantic analysis.