D as a prototyping language (for C/C++ projects)

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Wed Feb 27 19:23:59 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 27 February 2013 at 20:18:29 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[...]
> Having said that, though, I found that my D personal library is
> much
> smaller than my C/C++ one, mostly because Phobos already
> covered a large
> part of that functionality! So Phobos is doing *something*
> right, in
> spite of all its current flaws.

I also found that my D version of my std.me lib is a lot smaller
than the C++ version, so Phobos seems to do a lot more than the
C++ std lib does, and what I've used so far seems to be well
done. I've only managed to scratch the surface though.

I think with C++ you have to use boost to get the same as what
you get with Phobos, but I never liked working with boost.

--rt