Migrating dmd to D?

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Wed Feb 27 20:03:44 PST 2013

There are > 1000 open bugs and well known, expected language
features not implemented. In my opinion, the compiler should
be ported after all important language features are finalized.
I don't mean syntax, but stuff that only bearophile has the
complete list of: shared, allocators, ...
Also DMD leaks memory -> it is tempting to use the GC -> DMD
will often be a whole lot slower in the end. :D
Also Phobos is designed for safety and generic programming,
not for raw speed like many old C functions (at least that's
my experience). E.g. I have seen or written Unicode and
float/string conversion routines that perform 7x to 13x faster
than the 'obvious' way in D.

--
Marco