Proposal for SentinelInputRange

Zach the Mystic reachBUTMINUSTHISzach at gOOGLYmail.com
Wed Feb 27 22:23:31 PST 2013

On Thursday, 28 February 2013 at 05:28:20 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> What are we gaining here that can't be gained by simply using a
> few static ifs to special case strings?

That's the question that is swaying me to your side at the
moment. It's possible that the special performance which Sentinel
Ranges offer is actually confined to a very narrow band of
problems which can be dealt with transparently in the existing
library. In which case the right thing to do is make an
enhancement request asking for just such performance enhancing
drugs to be administered. :-)