Proposal for SentinelInputRange

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 09:06:38 PST 2013

28-Feb-2013 20:56, Walter Bright пишет:
> On 2/28/2013 7:41 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> The merit of sentinel range IMHO is largely in tapping into C-strings
>> and the
>> like more naturally.
>
> The merit is having significantly faster speed.

5% is good but doesn't count as significant. But that was for std.regex
quite sometime ago. In the lexer it might get be more.

I can try right away with std.d.lexer by Brain Schott and get rid of the
check for the length and place a null byte right after the file buffer.
Then I should be able to estimate the gain.

--
Dmitry Olshansky