Proposal for SentinelInputRange

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Feb 28 13:40:25 PST 2013

On 2/28/2013 9:05 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> I see nothing that can't be done by an optimizing compiler. Maybe something is,
> but I can't find it. And the example you pointed me aren't.

Tell me how front() will be optimized out to this.

             case '>':
                 p++;
                 if (*p == '=')
                 {   p++;
                     t->value = TOKge;                   // >=
                 }
                 else if (*p == '>')
                 {   p++;
                     if (*p == '=')
                     {   p++;
                         t->value = TOKshrass;           // >>=
                     }
                     else if (*p == '>')
                     {   p++;
                         if (*p == '=')
                         {   p++;
                             t->value = TOKushrass;      // >>>=
                         }
                         else
                             t->value = TOKushr;         // >>>
                     }
                     else
                         t->value = TOKshr;              // >>
                 }
                 else
                     t->value = TOKgt;                   // >
                 return;