Proposal for SentinelInputRange

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:00:55 PST 2013

On Friday, 1 March 2013 at 00:34:25 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> I just don't see how you're going to get a
>> performance gain from much of anything other than strings.
>
> I gave you other examples already. We're just going around in
> circles.

You didn't posted a single example that wasn't optimized by LLVM.
I do understand that some compiler may not do the optimization,
but it is show already that this is clearly possible and in fact
done. That is not an theoretical improvement.

I don't see the point in creating a new type of range simply
because some compiler don't optimize properly.