Migrating dmd to D?

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Thu Feb 28 22:48:53 PST 2013

Am Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:44:31 +0100
schrieb Timon Gehr <timon.gehr at gmx.ch>:

> * wc -l reveals that the DMD front end source code is roughly 30 to 40
> times larger than it should be for what it does in my opinion.

That can only mean that you don't really know what it does in
my opinion. Sure such a large code base accumulates duplicates
since not everybody knows about all helper functions or copy
and paste was the least intrusive bug fix somewhere, but you
don't really believe that 94% of the front end are
unnecessary, do you?

> (* Knowing the guts of a front end means you can decide to add type
> system and syntax extensions for private use. :P)

Ah, I see where the wind blows ;)

--
Marco