Migrating dmd to D?

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Thu Feb 28 23:02:14 PST 2013

On Thursday, 28 February 2013 at 07:34:11 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
[...]
> Long term goal:
>
> When the translation is done we should refactor the
> compiler/front end to be a library, usable by other tools.

Yes that would be awesome. It can make the exact same tool at
least 10x more useful and versatile.

I'm a big fan of tools that allow plugins, so I would also like
to see parts of the compiler be written as loadable plugins that
can be swapped in/out with different versions, and also to allow
the tool set to be extensible by anyone.

--rt