Proposal for SentinelInputRange

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Thu Feb 28 23:29:46 PST 2013

Am Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:27:28 -0800
schrieb Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>:

> Two corporate users of D have also told me that their motivating case to adopt D
> was - compile speed!

That's what I thought and why I keep telling that Carthago has
to..., I mean that Phobos and the GC is not the ultimate
performance platform. You just don't get fast + safe +
convenient in one package, it's a compromise.

> Throwing compile speed under the bus is what other compiler vendors do, and
> we're not going to do that.

I certainly hope so :D. It's just amazing that you barely
notice a delay when compiling a medium sized program. DMD
practically competes with interpreted languages here in terms
of turn-around time.

--
Marco