Requesting for project ideas

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 09:06:09 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 2 January 2013 at 16:15:00 UTC, Ishan Thilina
Somasiri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm posting this on bhalf of a group of 4 students from the
> final
> year of Department of Computer Science and
> Engineering,University
> of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. We are required to do a 8 months long
> project in our final year. The
> project should consist of both a research and development
> component and
> an implementation. Our group is interested in areas such as,
>
>    * Information security
>    * Cloud
>    * Parallel computing
>    * Compilers
>    * Operating Systems
>    * Distributed systems
>

> We’d like to know if the D programming language project has any
> project
> ideas that falls within our interest areas.
>
> For more information about the members of our group, please
> refer
> the
> following links.
>
> Ishan Thilina Somasiri -
> http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/ishan-somasiri/25/bab/951/
> Amila Surendra -
> http://www.linkedin.com/pub/amila-surendra/25/9a3/392
> Hasala Surasinghe -
> http://www.linkedin.com/pub/hasala-surasinghe/34/927/b2
> Rajith Siriwardana -
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/rajithsiriwardana
>
> We’d be really glad if you could extend your support on this.
>
> Thank you for your valuable time.

I think the strongest need for D right now is a better GC. A very
good start would be to make the GC precise on the heap. Compiler
support have been implemented some time ago, but the GC
implementation is lacking behind.

I'd be happy to personally help on that one. Other people here
are very competent as well.