numericValue for (unicode) characters

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:40:47 PST 2013

On Thursday, 3 January 2013 at 18:11:45 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> 03-Jan-2013 21:13, monarch_dodra пишет:
>> On Thursday, 3 January 2013 at 08:23:06 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
>> wrote:
>>> Now take this code:
>>> map!numericValue(...)
>>>
>>> If the code also happens to import std.uni it's going to stop
>>> compiling.
>>
>> Hum... We could always "camp" the std.uni's numericValue
>> function?
>> [SNIP]
>
> We'd pretty much have to.

Or, you know... I could just implement both at the same time.
It's not like there's an *urgency* for the ascii version or
anything. I think I'll just do that.

So... do we agree on
ascii: int - not found => -1
uni: double - not found => nan
?

I can still get started anyways, even if it isn't definite.