github release procedure

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Thu Jan 3 14:37:37 PST 2013

On Thursday, 3 January 2013 at 22:16:07 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> It's funny - that was my exact intent when I started the thread
> "Next focus: PROCESS"!
>

> Andrei

I know that was your intent and we tried hard to stay focused in
that thread, and it was working reasonably well, but now we have
another thread to deal with that is disconnected from the first
thread, resulting in people repeating themselves all over again.
I know it was rejected a thousand times before, but solving the
disconnection problem was one reason for asking to move the forum
into a web based version that could be managed (ie this type of
forum cannot be managed at all it seems). The other alternative
was to discuss everything in the wiki page, but people found that
to be not so good as can be seen by looking at the wiki as well
as the comments concerning its use for that purpose.

It would be nice to have a better solution for the community to
perform cooperative problem solving than what we have now, which
also leads on to resolving other problems such as the endless
repeating disconnected discussions on other subjects of
importance. I don't want to stray off topic, so just keep in mind
that there may be a more significant issue that should be
resolved immediately after we get past the current one.

--rt