WTF did happen with struct constructor and ref in 2.061 ?

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Thu Jan 3 19:38:44 PST 2013

On Friday, 4 January 2013 at 00:59:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> At some point this problem has to be dealt with as it's a
>> massive
>> inhibitor for anyone to take D seriously. For example, try
>> downloading
>> the specification and you'll get http 404, or you get a link
>> to some
>> ancient crap from Amazon for .99 cents - seriously!
>
> What's the link?

http://dlang.org/download.html

Look towards the bottom of page, "Documentation Downloads" "D
Programming Language Specification 2.0 ebook"

Not exactly a 404 error but its the same sort of thing. The bad
link should be removed until something else becomes available.

The Amazon link seems to have gone away, or I saw it somewhere
else. If I come across it again, I'll be sure to let you know.

Here's the specification for sale on Amazon, it should be pulled
http://www.amazon.com/D-Programming-Language-Specification-ebook/dp/B005CCQPKK

There are other links totally unrelated to D that should be
removed - it makes D look unprofessional (sorry if I offend, but
it's the hard truth). In fact the whole "other" stuff should be
removed from the official D website at some point soon, D needs
to stand on its own IMO.

> This looks like written from back in time. Yes it is getting
> attention, I hoped at least as much is obvious by now.
>

> Andrei

Yes I see nothing but good progress happening, else I would have
disappeared long ago. Thanks for putting up with my pestering :)

--rt