WTF did happen with struct constructor and ref in 2.061 ?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Jan 3 20:32:45 PST 2013

On 1/3/13 11:26 PM, Rob T wrote:
> On Friday, 4 January 2013 at 00:59:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> What's the link?
>>

> The bad link is also here, including the Amazon link.
> http://dlang.org/spec.html
>
> The problem link and the Amazon e-book issue has been mentioned multiple
> times before and as recently as Nov last year.

I don't understand what the "issue" is.

> I like the idea of the e-book but we need an up-to-date copy and it
> should be available free of charge. If the D community needs funding, a
> method of making donations is a much better and more acceptable route to
> take.

This is a misunderstanding and I confess I'm mildly miffed by it. The
e-book is generated from the online documentation. $0.99 is the smallest
price Amazon would allow any self-publication to be on their site. Some
people (negligible as a source of income, but not few; the book makes it
at times on top 100 bestseller list in its category) do find value in
having the content on their Kindle, and are willing to pay one dollar
for it, so there is value in having it there. To construe that as an
awkward attempt to make money is quite a bit of a stretch.

Andrei