WTF did happen with struct constructor and ref in 2.061 ?

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Thu Jan 3 21:22:08 PST 2013

On Friday, 4 January 2013 at 04:32:46 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> This is a misunderstanding and I confess I'm mildly miffed by
> it. The e-book is generated from the online documentation.
> $0.99 is the smallest price Amazon would allow any
> self-publication to be on their site. Some people (negligible
> as a source of income, but not few; the book makes it at times
> on top 100 bestseller list in its category) do find value in
> having the content on their Kindle, and are willing to pay one
> dollar for it, so there is value in having it there. To
> construe that as an awkward attempt to make money is quite a
> bit of a stretch.
>

> Andrei

Sorry, I didn't want to offend and I honestly never thought
anyone was making money from it, I just never understood why it
was on Amazon yet not on this website, so thanks for taking the
time to explain why the e-book is on Amazon, it makes perfect
sense now.

Perhaps an explanation such as "For your convenience, an e-book
is available at Amazon ..." next to the fixed link is a good
solution to prevent any possible misunderstandings.

No matter, I really do not want to get into this level of detail
as it's of very limited significance right now. All I was
attempting to point out was the need to move on with formalizing
a process for managing the specification, and you've clearly
acknowledged the desire to do exactly that. Once we have a better
process in place, many old recurring problems will automatically
go away.

--rt