Website formatting errors

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 05:12:43 PST 2013

04-Jan-2013 12:10, monarch_dodra пишет:
> On Thursday, 3 January 2013 at 22:16:57 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> On Thursday, January 03, 2013 21:14:16 Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>>> Is that a known issue or should I report them as bugs?
>>
>> If you can't find it in bugzilla, report it. If it had been known
>> though, I
>> would have expected to be fixed already, since it's probably a trivial
>> fix
>> (unless it's just that no one who might fix it has noticed the bug).
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
>
> The documentation generates correctly on my machine with the latest dmd.
>
> 1. The "expressions" page isn't broken.
> 2. The macros are correctly expanded inside example code.
>
> I'd be *tempted* to say that 1. was just a glitch.
>
> 2. Seems more seriously broken, as there are bits of D macros in example
> sections, in particular $(B bold), all over the place. Just open any
> random page and search for "($".
>
> The solution *might* be to just regenerate the doc with the latest dmd
> and see what happens...?

It's a backfire of a bugfix. Clearly I for one was bitten by accidental
"macro" expansion in code example. Take for instance $1, $2 etc in
std.regex replace.

Code example obviously shouldn't have any macros in it (it previously
had). I'd say it's time to make a pass over docs which is something I'll
try.

--
Dmitry Olshansky