github release procedure

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jan 4 08:23:58 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 08:15:34AM -0800, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Friday, January 04, 2013 15:20:02 Johannes Pfau wrote:
> > And most important: Were the main developers part of that discussion
> > / have they agreed? While I agree LTS would be nice it needs someone
> > to do it. You also have to consider the available man power.
>
> For the most part, I don't think that they were. I think that Andrei
> was really the only one of us involved at all, though I'd have to look
> at the thread again to be sure.
[...]

We solicited for core dev involvement in that thread, but AFAIK, there
was only limited participation. It felt like we were just talking about
castles in the air, because the people who would actually be
implementing the process didn't say very much at all. So I wasn't at all
surprised at the misunderstandings in this thread.

Still, I think we're finally converging on the same page here, so that's
a good thing.

Amateurs built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic.