github release procedure

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:21:47 PST 2013

On Friday, 4 January 2013 at 16:19:45 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> And why would that particular bug get a release as opposed to
> another? Why
> wouldit be special? Or are you proposing that we do a 2.N.M
> release for every
> bug fix? That seems insane. Why wouldn't you just use master if
> you want the
> latest?

That is not latest, that is bug fixes. That is the whole point of
changing process : being able to publish bug fixes without new
features, so users don't need to wait mounth to get their bug
fixed and get bunch of unrelated stuff with the fix that may
introduce bugs as well.

I took this precise example, but I'm not suggesting that a
revision is made for EVERY bug fix. Only for severe bugs
(regressions, corrupted codegen, . . .) or when the quantity is
judged enough.