github release procedure

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:35:17 PST 2013

On Friday, 4 January 2013 at 17:26:02 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Fri, 04 Jan 2013 08:35:17 -0800
> schrieb Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>:
>
>> The thread was way too big, and I had too little time to get
>> into
>> that conversation, which is why I wasn't involved.
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
>
> I've restructured the wiki page here:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/User:Jpf/Release_Process_Staging
>
> Do you think that's clearer?

This is very good, however, some thing are still unclear.

First, regression fix don't make any sense to me. You suggest to
fix bug in master and fix regression in older branches. This
should be the opposite IMO.

A regression is something that used to work, but don't work
anymore. So Correcting them in older version seems kind of
contradictory, especially when other bugs aren't.

I don't think separating those 2 type of bugs is really
beneficial and I would keep only the process for regression fixes.

Secondly, in every git commands block you have all the commands
to set-up the repository. I think this belong to its own
paragraph or even its own page. Then I'd replace them with git
remote update in git command block.

Finally, it is weird that we have v2.062 -> v2.062.1 . I'd
prefers v2.062.0 for the first one.

I like very much the ASCII art on top, which make thing really
clear. Overall, it is better that the actual version on the wiki.