github release procedure

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jan 4 11:59:06 PST 2013

On Friday, January 04, 2013 20:30:28 Rob T wrote:
> Absolutely! Otherwise someone is going to think v2.062 is greater
> than v2.062.1. Guaranteed. I already got semi-confused looking at
> the latest download page and I know what's going on far more than
> Joe Smith who walks in tomorrow checking out D for the first time.

Really? Why on earth would you think that 2.062 was greater than 2.062.1?
Also, I believe that it's very common with Linux packages (and probably the
projects themselves) to do that sort of versioning where there's never a .0
and the last part only gets added when you actually get a .1.

- Jonathan M Davis