Social comments integrated with dlang.org

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Fri Jan 4 20:50:52 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 2 January 2013 at 18:06:00 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> In any case, we're D, we're systems/native, I think we can do
> much
> better than Disqus, and I submit Vibe.d/DFeed/etc as evidence
> that
> settling for Disqus is below us.

So, livefyre then? ;) Agree with Nick and Vladimir fwiw, Disqus
and its competition are beneath dlang.  Always funny to see the
cycle with these free commenting widgets: they raise millions
from dumb VCs, never bother to make any money, start furiously
selling user data
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disqus#Criticism_and_privacy_concerns),
then go bust as everybody leaves.  Well, I guess that's every
dot.com nowadays, Facebook and Google
(http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324731304578193781852024980.html)
are on step 3 atm.