std.conv.parse too finicky?

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Sat Jan 5 05:48:51 PST 2013

On Saturday, 5 January 2013 at 13:10:29 UTC, FG wrote:
> On 2013-01-02 19:23, Chris wrote:
>> Yes, I just thought it might be handy for reading user defined
>> files like
>> localization files etc, like this one (without quote).
>> [
>> Close:Cerrar,
>> Open:Abrir,
>> ]
>
> But then you would probably also want support for comments. ;)

Yes, probably, but it depends an what you wanna do with it. If
it's something like a Java properties file that loads user
defined preferences or stuff like that, you don't need comments.
Then again, if the program generates the files itself, the
additional quotes wouldn't be a problem. I just thought it would
be a nice-to-have feature that you can define the type, e.g.
string[string], and the method parses accordingly, i.e. left
value is string : right value is string. But hey, no big deal if
it doesn't.