dlangspec.pdf?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Jan 5 14:20:39 PST 2013

On 1/5/2013 1:38 PM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>     It is a strange sublanguage. It has its problems, but compared to what D
>     documentation was like before Ddoc, it is a HUGE and incalculable leap forward.
>

> I was just wondering if there was a way to make it a bit more D-ish. The $(NAME
> arg, arg) syntax feels like I'm entering another land  when I have to use it.

You are entering another land with it. Text processing is totally different, and
it should be different.

>     And, btw, I have published on Amazon a couple of non-tech ebooks. I used
>     Ddoc for them, and there is no html feel to the result. They look like any
>     other ebook.
>
> Do you have any macro to present? They could be used by other people, as an
> example of Ddoc power.

They aren't really much different from the website macros. In fact, the D ebook
is created out of the same source files the website is. The macros to do it are
all in github.

> Also, it would be nice to present the article from the website as .d files with
> Ddoc macros. They are only accessible as HTML (that's the end goal, yes, but
> having them as .d files would be good).
> Also, Phobos/index.d is sadly in HTML, not in Ddoc.

All those source files are on github.