WTF did happen with struct constructor and ref in 2.061 ?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Jan 5 21:45:24 PST 2013

On 1/6/13 12:01 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 23:32:45 -0500
> Andrei Alexandrescu<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>  wrote:
>
>> On 1/3/13 11:26 PM, Rob T wrote:
>>
>>> I like the idea of the e-book but we need an up-to-date copy and it
>>> should be available free of charge. If the D community needs
>>> funding, a method of making donations is a much better and more
>>> acceptable route to take.
>>
>> This is a misunderstanding and I confess I'm mildly miffed by it. The
>> e-book is generated from the online documentation. $0.99 is the
>> smallest price Amazon would allow any self-publication to be on their
>> site.
>
> It's an ebook version of the content on dlang.org, right? That should
> be free. If Amazon won't allow it to be free then it shouldn't be on
> Amazon. End of story.

Walter and I discussed this matter for a while and reached a different
conclusion. Amazon has good distribution which we found worthwhile. The
content is the same as the one freely available on the website, and
we're not sketchy about it. The material can be read on the Kindle
regardless of provenance.

Andrei