D 2.061 release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jan 7 09:04:21 PST 2013

On Monday, January 07, 2013 11:13:55 Russel Winder wrote:
> LDC is though still generally creating faster executables than DMD. This
> is just a gut feeling right now, in a couple of weeks time I'll see if I
> can get some actual numbers.

I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon. Work would have to be put in on
specifically make dmd generate faster code, and AFAIK, pretty much all of the
compiler work is being put into bug fixing and implementing a few new features
(like Win64 support). I wouldn't expect improved optimizations to enter into
the picture much until the bug count is much lower unless someone takes a
liking to spending time improving dmd's code generation.

- Jonathan M Davis