shared gitconfig

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 18:17:22 PST 2013

On 1/6/13, Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
> What I'd want to do next is define the alias such that other
> participants to the dlang project may use it. With time we'd collect a
> good set of macros that help our process.

This is what I use locally in my .bashrc:

# win32 helpers
alias cd..='cd ..'
alias dir="ls -F"
alias cls='clear'
alias c:='cd /c/'
alias d:='cd /d/'
alias e:='cd /e/'
alias f:='cd /f/'
alias g:='cd /g/'

# git stuff
alias com='git checkout master'
alias fpush='git push -f' # needed after a local rebase
alias hreset='git reset --hard head' # reset to the last commit,
discarding all changes
alias hdiff='git diff head~1' # check what I've added with the latest commit
alias amend='git commit --amend' # edit the last commit message
alias rb='git pull --rebase upstream master' # rebase local branch and
verify there's no merge conflicts
alias co='git checkout'
alias diff='git diff' # what did I change so far without staging/commiting?
alias cdiff='git diff --cached' # what am I about to commit?
alias add='git add'
alias gcm='git commit -m' # quick commit with message
alias gcn='git checkout -b' #quick create a new branch

I only add stuff there when I realize I'm constantly retyping some long command.
I should probably add 'git rebase -i head~' too.