manual memory management

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Jan 8 11:32:29 PST 2013

> It's a hard fact. Some features (e.g. appending to an array) require the GC
> and will always require the GC. There may be features which currently require
> the GC but shouldn't necessarily require it (e.g. AAs may fall in that camp),
> but some features absolutely require it, and there's no way around that.

... but there is also std.container.Array which if I understand right, does its
own memory management and does not require the GC, no?

Which leads to the question, to what extent is it possible to use built-in
arrays and std.container.Arrays interchangeably?  What are the things you can't
do with a std.container.Array that you can with a built-in one?