github release procedure

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 09:37:15 PST 2013

On Thursday, 3 January 2013 at 17:56:05 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> What changes? All changes should be made in master, then
> applied to
> staging via cherry picking. So there should never be changes in
> staging
> that are not in master so there's nothing that could be
> overwritten?

I strongly disagree here. We want pull requests to be made
against the oldest supported/relevant branch. This could be
merged to both staging and master (which can simply be done by
merging staging into master) there is no need to complicate
things with cherry picking.

As for history, I think that clearly shows what the history is,
staging gets fixes and master gets staging that is what we want.