Shadowing of members

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jan 9 19:29:10 PST 2013

deadalnix:

> This argument can go on and on forever. What about getting some
> hard data ?
>
> We should start to gather data when considering such issue.
> What about adding the warning in some dmd version and trying it
> on several codebase to get a good view of the impact of such a
> change ?

Good idea.

(But some soft data is already present, from some persons that
have hit this bug, from my personal diary of such bugs, from two
static analysis tools that include logic to spot this case, and
from reports of this code spotted in C++ code. This data is
enough to not dismiss this enhancement request quickly).

Bye,
bearophile