manual memory management

eles eles at eles.com
Thu Jan 10 01:05:52 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 8 January 2013 at 23:10:01 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Am 08.01.2013 17:12, schrieb Benjamin Thaut:
>> Am 08.01.2013 16:46, schrieb H. S. Teoh:
> Without dismissing your experience in game development, I think
> that your experience was spoiled by D's GC quality.
>
> After all, there are Java VMs driving missiles and ship battle
> systems, which have even higher timer requirements.

Yes, but they are relying on specific, very special constructs of
Java, such as:

http://www.rtsj.org/specjavadoc/javax/realtime/NoHeapRealtimeThread.html
http://www.rtsj.org/specjavadoc/javax/realtime/RealtimeThread.html

which have very little, if any, to do do with regular Java. BTW,
since when a Java programmer should be concerned about... heap?
What's that? malloc()?

The fact that it uses the same syntax as Java, simply does not
mae it Java, at least in the (regular) JVM sense.