core.runtime: loadLibrary and unloadLibrary?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jan 10 02:42:12 PST 2013

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:31:50 evilrat wrote:
> what's wrong with them? already used it on windows and mac, no
> problems so far, though not tested too deep, and not with D
> shared libs o_O

C shared libraries are fine. It's D shared libraries that are the problem. I
don't remember the details, but IIRC, among other things, you end up with
multiple copies of the GC running. The runtime needs a variety of non-trivial
tweaks to it order to fix those problems before shared D libraries become
viable.

- Jonathan M Davis