Transitioning to the new Release Process

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Thu Jan 10 04:42:35 PST 2013

Am Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:28:51 +0100
schrieb "mist" <none at none.none>:

> Sounds like different people have different understanding of
> staging concept here and each one is doing minor tweaks to own
> direction. I ran through updated wiki and some stuff like "pull
> requests against staging" just scares me a lot. Someone really
> needs to step up and take this under control.

The wiki page needed to be updated though as a lot of the workflow
wasn't explained. I asked many times if all contributors of the
original wiki page are satisfied with the changes as I did not intend
to change the concept.

If you don't want bug fixes to go into staging where should they be
merged to then? If we merge them into master, staging won't receive any
development in between releases? Or do you propose to merge master into
staging more often? If so, then what's the criteria to merge from
staging to master?